- What is the goal of the NU Alumni Association?
NU Alumni Association aims at becoming a primary linkage between the university and its alumni, at uniting the creative and intellectual potential of alumni for the development and prosperity of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and at developing a mutually beneficial relationship throughout their lives.
The main objectives of the Association are:
- Developing consolidation and cooperation among the University alumni;
- Fulfilling intellectual capacity and maintaining cultural, creative and business relationships of the alumni with the University;
- Uniting the creative and intellectual potential of alumni for the development and prosperity of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and developing a mutually beneficial relationship throughout their lives.
- What does the NU Alumni Association do?
NU Alumni Association
- organizes various events for its members (reunions, career fairs, other activities aimed at helping NU alumni);
- provides support to University graduates on employment issues;
- promotes self-improvement of the alumni by holding annual rewards and competitions for achievements in professional and social areas;
- promotes professional development by the means of the alumni mentorship program.
- How do I benefit from being the NU Alumni Association member?
As a member of NU Alumni Association you will have:
- access to all relevant information on the activities of the Association;
- alumni ID card;
- University e-mail address,
- library access (reading room) and 1 year usage of electronic library resources;
- access to the Centre’s professional development services, including the assistance in employment and in the organization of internships for the members of the Association;
- right to participate in the managing affairs of the Association and vote in accordance with the NU Alumni Association Provision;
- right to participate in the activities organized in Kazakhstan and abroad, as well as acting for and on behalf of the Association in various governmental, public, private and international organizations as instructed by the Association Council.
- How can I become the member of the NU Alumni Association?
All University graduates, after assigning the degree according to the internal documents of the University become members of the Association unconditionally.
- What is the structure of the NU Alumni Association?
Governing bodies of the NU Alumni Association include:
- Managing body – Association Council;
- Coordinating Body – Career and Advising Centre of Nazarbayev University.
- What is the Association Council?
The Council is a managing body of the NU Alumni Association and is headed by the Chairperson.
It is formed from the members of the AA from undergraduate, graduate and doctoral studies in the amount of not less than five representatives for 2 years. It is chaired by a Chairperson, who is elected from its members by a majority vote.
- Who can become a member of the NU Alumni Association Council?
Any member of the NU Alumni Association can become a member of the Council.
The council should consist of AA members from undergraduate, graduate and doctoral studies in the amount of not less than five representatives for 2 years.
- What are the functions of NU Alumni Association Chapter?
The key functions of the Chapter are:
- to serve as an information base for the University and Alumni, to share information and collaborate with students and graduates at the local and regional level;
- to assist the NU Alumni Association in carrying out activities in the regions of Kazakhstan and abroad;
- to draw up and carry out activities within the framework of the NU Alumni Association in the regions of Kazakhstan and abroad;
- to take part in the activities for admission to the University upon necessity;
- to get a prior approval by the Centre on official public appearances, interviews and publications related to the activities of the Association;
- to provide an annual report to the Council and the Centre on the chapter’s activities.
- How can I establish NU Alumni Association Chapter?
The Chapters are established on a voluntary basis upon the filled application submitted to the employee of the Centre.
The Chapters are not legal entities and operate on the basis of the Provision of the Alumni Association. They act within the rights granted to them by the Council and the Centre. The Head of the Chapter is appointed by the Council for a period of 1-2 years after the consideration of the relevant application to the Chairperson. The head of the Chapter can be re-elected an unlimited number of times.
- How can I make my suggestions to the work of the NU Alumni Association?
You are welcome to make your suggestions or recommendations on the work of NU Alumni Association. For this please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact NU Alumni Association on Facebook and Instagram.
- Where can I find information on the upcoming events for the alumni?
Information on the upcoming events is available on the NU Alumni Association website and NU alumni accounts on Facebook and Instagram.
- What is Alumni mentorship program?
The Alumni Mentorship Program is a collaborative program between the NU Alumni Association and Career and Advising Center which is designed to match students with alumni in a related industry or in the field of their further education.
The aim of this program is to bring together current students with alumni through informative friendships; to offer students a link between academic study and the realities of the professional workplace, as well as access to valuable advice and professional networks.
- How can I become a mentor?
In order to become one of our mentors please contact Mrs. Gaini Yessembekova, Senior Мanager at NU Career and Advising Center (tel: +7 (7172) 705886 or e-mail: email@example.com.)
- How can I update my personal details?
In order to update your personal and professional information please contact Alumni Relations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I offer an internship/job to NU students/alumni?
If you want to offer an internship or job to the NU students or alumni please contact the Career and Advising Centre e-mail: email@example.com or tel.: +7 7172 69 45 26, +7 7172 69 45 25.